The Institute of Basic Science (IBS) is installing a new supercomputing system (Cray XC50, 1.44 PFlops) at the headquarter in Daejeon to support climate research of the IBS Center for Climate Physics (ICCP). ICCP is now hiring an entry-level system administrator. The expected start date will be November 1st, 2018 or later and the workplace will be the IBS headquarter in Daejeon. Initial annual salaries start from 50,000,000 KRW. Contracts will be issued for 3 years, with the possibility for extension, based on performance and availability of funds.
- Support the IBS/ICCP supercomputing center and facilities including compute nodes, servers, networking systems, storage systems, and tape archive.
- Maintain system hardware and software with an administrator dispatched by Cray Inc.
- Manage user access control, security and authentication systems, application software stack with modules, queueing systems and resource allocation.
- Communicate with ICCP researchers, IBS staffs, and Cray engineers.
- Support network connections via KREONET and data transfers between the IBS headquarter in Daejeon and the ICCP in Busan.
- Available for domestic and international business trips
- Basic written and verbal communication skills for both Korean and English
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or related field
- At least 12 months of experience with Linux system administration (Confirmed during the interview)
- Shell scripting and coding with one or more programming languages like Perl, Python, C++, etc.
- Support regular training from Cray US Training Center in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA
- Support registration fees and travel expenses for international supercomputing conferences such as ISC in Germany and SC in the USA
- Training in supercomputing architecture and operation from Cray Korea Inc.
- Support for four major social insurances
Until position is filled
How to apply
Please send a resume with cover letter and at least one reference in English to email@example.com