- M. S., Atmospheric Sciences, Pusan National University, 2010-2012
- Theme: Impact of the western North Pacific subtropical high on the East Asian monsoon precipitation and the Indian Ocean monsoon precipitation in the boreal summertime
- B. S., Atmospheric Environmental Sciences, Pusan National University, 2005-2010
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
- National Junior Research Fellowship for “Global Ph.D Fellowship” (Role: Principal investigator, 2015~)
- Project title: Decadal Predictions of monsoon and extreme climate over East Asia
- Best student presentation award, Spring Meeting of Korean Meteorological Society (KMS) 2016, April 2016
- Travel Grant Award for young scientists, International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) General Assembly 2015, June 2015
- Drought and extreme climate event
- East Asia and South Asian monsoon
- Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Yang-Won Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2017: Future changes due to model biases in probabilities of extreme temperatures over East Asia using CMIP5 data, International Journal of Climatology, doi:10.1002/joc.5233.
- Kyung-Ja Ha, Ye-Won Seo, June-Yi Lee, R.H. Kripalani, Kyung-Sook Yun, 2017: Linkages between the South and East Asian Summer Monsoons: A review and revisit, Climate Dynamics, doi:10.1007/s00382-017-3773-z.
- Kyung-Sook Yun, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Akio Kitoh, 2016: The seasonally varying effect of the Tibetan Plateau on Northern Hemispheric blocking frequency and amplitude. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-2981-2.
- Ki-Young Heo, Ye-Won Seo, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2015: Development mechanisms of an explosive cyclone over East Sea on 3-4 April 2012, Dynamics of Atmosphere and Ocean, 70, 30-46.
- Ye-Won Seo, Hojin Kim, Kyung-Sook Yun, June-Yi Lee, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Ja-Yeon Moon, 2014: Future changes of extreme temperature climate indices over East Asia with uncertainties estimation on the CMIP5. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50, 57-72.
- Kyung-Sook Yun, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha, June-Yi Lee, and Yoshiyuki Kajikawa, 2014: Interdecadal changes in the Asian winter monsoon variability and its relationship with ENSO and AO. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 50(4), 531-540.
- Sun-Seon Lee, Seon-Hwa Kim, Jong-Ghap Jhun, Kyung-Ja Ha, and Ye-Won Seo, 2013: Robust warming over East Asia during boreal winter monsoon and its possible causes, Environmental Research Letters, 8(3), 34001, doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034001.
- Sun-Seon Lee, Ye-Won Seo, Kyung-Ja Ha and Jong-Ghap Jhun, 2013: Impact of the western North Pacific subtropical high on the East Asian monsoon precipitation and the Indian Ocean precipitation in the boreal summertime, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 49(2), 171-182, DOI:10.1007/s13143-013-0017-y.
- Ye-Won Seo, Jung-Eun Chu and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: On response of surface equilibrium temperature for change of surface characteristics: An EBM study, The Korean Journal of Quaternary Research, 24(2), 1-11. (In Korean)
- Ye-Won Seo, Sun-Seon Lee, and Kyung-Ja Ha, 2010: Changes in temperature and relative humidity in three major cities in Korea, Journal of Climate Research, 5(3), 175-188.